Real, Quezon: Surfing & Camping Vacation at The Park
Conveniently located only 2-3 hours away from Rizal Province, passing by the picturesque Laguna Lake and through the scenic Sierra Madre Mountain Ranges, is the coastal town of Real, Quezon. Due to its proximity, my friends and I have been coming to this beach destination for quick and easy getaways such as this three-day surfing and camping vacation at The Pacific Recreation Kamp a.k.a. “The PaRK“
Sunrise at The Park in Brgy. Tignoan, Real, Quezon
The PaRK provides visitors with safe campgrounds covered in soft grass and shaded by trees, ideal for pitching tents or setting up hammocks. Campsite is equipped with a open cottages, cooking areas, a basic C.R., shower areas and there’s also a store. Thus, all basic needs can be found at The PaRK which makes your camping trip much easier and safer. (See previous post about The Park, The Pacific Recreation Kamp in Real, Quezon)
Sunset at the river.
Real, Quezon lies on the eastern coast and faces the open Pacific. At certain months of the year, swell rises to tremendous heights which are perfect for surfing. We spent most our time at the beach break to learn the watersport and to avoid potential hazards on rocky areas. (See previous post about activities in Real, Surf, Skim & Swim in Real, Quezon)
Surfing in Real, Quezon
We did a small photoshoot for our friend’s slipper business. For orders and inquiries, visit Teefs on Facebook.
The Park is our quick remedy to beach getaways when budget is tight. In addition, going to Real instead saves us the hassle of embarking on long road trips especially when schedules conflict. Summer season is right around the corner and you might be looking for a nice and affordable place for a vacation not far from Manila, consider The PaRK on your list.
Photo by Yani Panlilio.
Fast facts that may help you in your trip:
1. Buses like Raymond Transit have daily trips from Sampaloc, Manila to Real, Quezon (approximately P200.00). Trip goes on for 24 hours. Just to be sure, contact the terminal 733 93 80
2. Rates and fees at
The PaRK Entrance Fees
Php 50.00/person – overnight
Php 35.00/person – day trips
Php 20.00/person – day trip
Php 35.00/person – overnight
Php 50.00 – Pitching fee per tent if you’re bringing your own.
Php 300.00 – Tent rentals (2-3 persons)
Open Cottage Rental
Php 600.00 – small kubo
Php 900.00 – big kubo
3. The campsite has a common bathroom, a shower area, and grill stations.
4. They also have a beach house where you could rent the entire house or just the rooms, here are the rates:
Php 5,000 .00- Whole house excluding air-con room (4)
Php 7,000 .00- Whole house including air-con room (5)
Php 1,200.00 – non-airconditioned room
5. The beach house has a kitchen, they have utensils, a CR, a dining area, a porch – it’s a house literally.
6. There’s a sari-sari store at The PaRK where you could buy snacks, canned goods, drinks, etc. and you could also have them cook food for you, for an extra charge of course. You could also go to the small market, about a 5-minute drive, where you could buy seafood.
7. Surfboard rental is P200.00/hour or P500.00/half day
8. Contact Person
Teody Villaflor – 0920 924 61 02
Ate Chloe – 0921 312 48 92
9. More destinations in Quezon Province.
10. Please Like Biyaherong Barat on Facebook.
11. Follow @BiyaherongBarat on Twitter.
12. Enjoy and have a safe surfing vacation. =D
Good friends, good vibes.